Are you happy with the appearance of your teeth and smile? Do you smile with confidence or are you reluctant to fully reveal your inner spirit? We believe that how a person perceives themself is extremely important and DOES influence their health. We believe that more important than how your smile looks is how you feel when you show it. Negative feelings towards one’s oral appearance can have detrimental effects on one’s self-esteem and even cause a person to resist revealing their utmost beauty, especially if they’re reluctant to smile at full capacity.
Dr. Ken Schweifler has devoted countless hours of continuing education with the goal of offering his patients a myriad of cosmetic options to help improve the appearance of teeth, the appearance of entire smiles and to raise a person’s self esteem. Spaces, chips or irregularly shaped teeth can be transformed to ideal proportions and color. Discolored or stained teeth can be made white and bright again. Cosmetic dentistry comes in many different varieties. Here are some examples:
- Professional Whitening- a non-invasive, relatively inexpensive way to whiten your teeth. We take impressions (molds) of your teeth and make plastic trays that fit snugly over your teeth and hold the whitening material in place. You can perform the bleaching conveniently at home over the course of 1-2 weeks.
- Simply replacing a single silver filling or metal crown with one that is tooth-colored and ideally matches to surrounding tooth structure
- Straightening teeth orthodontically
- Placing porcelain veneers or crowns that can transform a patient’s smile and overall appearance
- Replacing old gold or porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns with modern all porcelain crowns that more closely mimic natural tooth appearance
- Replacing lost teeth with implant-supported restorations that mimic natural tooth appearance
The Process of Designing Your Ideal Smile
- A one-on-one conversation with Dr. Schweifler where you may openly share your discontent with the appearance of a tooth, teeth or entire smile
- Dr. Schweifler can reveal options, ranging from very conservative and inexpensive to more elaborate, depending on your desired outcome
- Dr. Schweifler then can create a unique Smile Design 3D Blueprint in wax on stone models of your teeth that can more vividly communicate, in advance, potential cosmetic outcomes
- If appropriate, highly esthetic temporary restorations can be fabricated from this wax design that allow you to “test drive” your new smile design for esthetics, function and comfort before proceeding to the final restoration phase
- Beautiful, naturally esthetic restorations are created and placed .
Dr. Schweifler has formed close relationships with master ceramists and technicians that are as committed to their craft as he is and ensure the highest level of patient satisfaction.