Are you happy with the appearance of your teeth and smile? Do you smile with confidence or are you reluctant to fully reveal your inner spirit?
Dr. Ken Schweifler is a cosmetic dentist in Los Altos, CA with the experience necessary to create a beautiful smile. Cosmetic dentistry can improve both the appearance and overall health of your smile. We believe that how a person perceives themself is extremely important and DOES influence their health.
We believe that more important than how your smile looks is how you feel when you show it. Negative feelings towards one’s oral appearance can have detrimental effects on one’s self-esteem and even cause a person to resist revealing their utmost beauty, especially if they’re reluctant to smile at full capacity.
Dr. Schweifler has devoted countless hours of continuing education with the goal of offering his patients a myriad of cosmetic options to help improve the appearance of teeth, the stability of your smile and to raise a person’s self-esteem. Spaces, chips, or irregularly shaped teeth can be transformed into ideal proportions and colors. Discolored or stained teeth can be made white and bright again. Cosmetic dentistry can incorporate a range of treatments including restorative dentistry to achieve your aesthetic goals and address any underlying dental concerns.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Los Altos
- Professional Teeth Whitening– a non-invasive, relatively inexpensive way to whiten your teeth and makeover your smile. We take impressions (molds) of your teeth to create custom-fitting plastic bleaching trays that fit snugly over your teeth and hold the whitening material in place. You can perform the bleaching conveniently at home over the course of 1-2 weeks.
- White fillings: simply replacing a single silver filling or metal crown with one that is tooth-colored and ideally matches to surrounding tooth structure can provide an instant smile makeover and offer superior protection against decay.
- Invisalign: using clear aligners to straighten crooked teeth or address malocclusion will give you a beautiful, comfortable smile.
- Porcelain veneers or crowns: custom high-quality ceramic restorations that can transform a patient’s smile and overall appearance with a durable result.
The Smile Makeover Process
Dr. Schweifler works with patients on an individual basis to create smiles that are natural-looking and healthy. The process for creating a smile makeover is based on a thorough dental exam to look for problems that could impact the integrity of your result. Dr. Schweifler has advanced training in bite disorders and will ensure that your personal treatment plan results in not only a beautiful new smile but one that functions comfortably and supports long-term oral health and wellness.
A one-on-one conversation with Dr. Schweifler is the first step in your journey towards the smile you desire. This is the opportunity to openly share your discontent with the appearance of a tooth, teeth, or your entire smile.
- Dr. Schweifler can reveal options, ranging from very conservative and inexpensive to more elaborate, depending on your desired result.
- Dr. Schweifler can create a unique Smile Design 3D Blueprint in wax on stone models of your teeth that can more vividly communicate, in advance, potential cosmetic outcomes. If appropriate, highly esthetic temporary restorations can be fabricated from this wax design that allows you to “test drive” your new smile design for esthetics, function, and comfort before proceeding to the final restoration phase.
- Beautiful, naturally esthetic restorations are created and placed.
Dr. Schweifler has formed close professional relationships with master ceramists and technicians that are as committed to their craft as he is and ensure the highest level of patient satisfaction. Your dental restorations will be highly customized and made from high-quality materials.
Cosmetic Dentistry FAQs
What dental issues can cosmetic dentistry address?
Cosmetic dentistry can fix or disguise just about any issues you have with your teeth. These issues include but are not limited to crooked teeth, chipped teeth, teeth that are stained or discolored, missing teeth, teeth with gaps in between them, worn down or ugly fillings, worn down teeth, and TMJ issues.
Will my dental insurance cover my cosmetic dental treatments?
Most likely not. Most dental insurance companies only provide coverage for things that are necessary to your oral health such as routine cleanings and tooth fillings. Cosmetic treatments are deemed elective and are not needed to promote oral health.
How do I know which cosmetic dental treatments are right for me?
You should schedule a consultation with Dr. Schweifler to learn more about available treatments. Dr. Schweifler is a talented cosmetic dentist and can recommend the appropriate services to you. After listening to your wants and evaluating your oral health, he will list out your options and then create a treatment plan based on your oral health needs, wants, and budget.