Invisalign® in Los Altos, CA
Dr. Ken Schweifler is a Los Altos Invisalign® provider. He can straighten your smile using clear aligners to improve your confidence and build better long-term dental health.
Clear aligners make it possible for teen and adult patients to achieve straighter, more comfortable smiles with discreet treatment. They are removable for enjoying your favorite foods and keeping your teeth and gums thoroughly clean throughout the treatment process. Invisalign is a cosmetic dental procedure that we use to treat a range of concerns, such as:
- Crooked teeth
- Crowding of teeth
- Orthodontic relapse in adults
Invisalign uses gentle forces to realign teeth into the desired position. We use digital impressions of your mouth and CAD/CAM software for evaluation and treatment planning. The entire process is generally painless and minimally invasive when comparing it to traditional metal braces. Dr. Schweifler will provide detailed instructions for changing out your custom set of aligners and daily oral hygiene.
The timetable for Invisalign® is comparable to that of regular braces. Since each patient requires slightly different alignment, an initial consultation will be necessary to determine how long treatment will take. To further understand the specific steps involved, please refer to the below timeline.
- Step 1: Talk to us!: There is no better way to see how Invisalign can help you than to speak with Dr. Myles personally. A preliminary discussion and exam will allow him to lay out your own personal timetable and illustrate what you can expect to gain from treatment. More importantly, you can learn if you are a good candidate for Invisalign. Teenagers and adults will likely benefit from treatment, for instance, whereas children who still have baby teeth are not yet suitable candidates.
- Step 2: Get an exam: Our examination is quick and painless. If you are ready to begin treatment, we will begin measuring the dimensions of your teeth through pictures, x-rays documents, and physical impressions. With these, we will create a 3-D image of your teeth, allowing Invisalign to create a series of aligners that are custom for your treatment plan. You will even be able to see a simulation image of how your teeth will align at each phase of the process.
- Step 3: Wear the aligner: Every two weeks, you will wear a new aligner to continue the treatment and help your teeth progress in their alignment. You will not need a new checkup each time, as we create these from the original examination. You can remove them for eating, brushing, and flossing, but will otherwise go unnoticed as they discreetly move your teeth into place.
- Step 4: Enjoy straight, beautiful teeth: By the end of your Invisalign treatment timeline, your friends may not know that you were wearing anything at all – only that your smile seems even nicer than before. The physical process and results are equivalent to braces, but without drawing visible attention.
How long is treatment with Invisalign?
The total treatment time will vary for each individual patient. It will depend on the severity of your bite problem, cosmetic goals, and number of aligners you need. On average, patients complete treatment with Invisalign in about 15 months.
Will dental insurance cover Invisalign Treatment?
In some cases, your dental health benefits may cover part of your Invisalign treatment. However, this is only for benefits that include orthodontics. Our office will work with you to determine your possible benefits and provide information on your cost of treatment. Dr. Schweifler also offers payment plans.
Is Invisalign treatment uncomfortable?
Most patients will forget they are wearing aligners after the first day or two with a new set. There is often mild discomfort with tooth pressure when you put on a new set of aligners for the first time. Over-the-counter pain medication should relieve this and symptoms typically resolve in a day or two.
Do I need to wear a retainer after Invisalign treatment?
Yes, you should wear a retainer regularly for the rest of your life to maintain tooth position. Dr. Schweifler will monitor your bite when you come in for routine dental care visits. He will also advise when and for how long you will need to wear a retainer.
Determine if Invisalign is Right For You
To learn more about Invisalign and to discuss your personal goals schedule a visit with Dr. Schweifler. We welcome new patients and can help you to achieve a beautiful smile with appropriate dentistry for your needs. Contact our office at (650) 489-4620 or request an appointment online.